Friday, April 1, 2011

Reclaim the night...

So we're on the eve of what my dear and eponymous friend dubbed "reclaiming the night." G is waking up too much and night, and I am too sleepy and cranky during the day.

So we're going to do it; we're going to give G the independence she will some day crave from us.

I'm only writing this in my blog as a sort of contract with myself so that tomorrow we will have to see it through.

I know I owe it to the world, G, and yes, me to get us all to get more sleep; I'd do it tonight but M is away on business and this is not a battle I want to fight alone! I need my co-parent by my side, to listen to the howls and stick it out.

Stay tuned...

3 comments:

  1. I hope it goes better than you thought it could. I hope she surprises you in a very good way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck and stay strong! It's a tough process, but hopefully won't last too long. Both my kiddos did well after a couple of days, and I'm sure Grace will too. Yes...you will definitely need Mike there for support! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, guys! I originally was going to post another entry, but then it sort of became much more of a non-event then I really anticipated! Grace did do well, although she does occasionally wake and cry for a few minutes, but she sort of then sorts things out and falls back asleep. My heart aches a little to hear her, but then I tell myself that I'm giving her the opportunity to soothe herself, which will ultimately lead to her sleeping better... hopefully for the rest of her life!

    ReplyDelete